2. The Types of Information We Collect
We collect a variety of types of information. Examples include:
- Identifiers and contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, or email address;
- Purchase or other commercial information, such as the items you purchase, shipping address, and contact information (such as for receipts or order updates);
- Payment information, such as your payment method and payment information (debit or credit card information), and billing address;
- Preference information, such as your contact and marketing preferences, and brand and merchandise interests;
- Profile and account information, which may include Contact, Purchase, and Preference information as well as your account password, information about Wish List items, items in your online shopping cart or saved for a future purchase, product review information, gift card, address book entries, and other details on your profile or account;
- Communications and interactions, which may include email messages, chat sessions, text messages, and phone calls that we exchange with you;
- Demographic information, which may include age or birthdate, gender, ZIP code, and other information about you;
- Call recordings, including information about your call and what you share when you call us on the phone;
- Location or geolocation information of your device that you use to connect with our website.
- Device and browsing information and other Internet activity: This includes information about your phone, tablet, computer, other devices you use to connect to our website, and the browsing activity while you are on our Site (collectively, "automatically-collected information"). Automatically collected information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. The automatically-collected information also may include information about when and how you access and use our website, such as the date and time of your visit or use the website you visit before coming and after leaving our website, how you navigate, and what you search for while using our website, the website pages and items you view using our website, and the things you purchase;
- Inferences about any of the information above that may relate to your preferences or other matters.
3. How We Collect Information
We collect information from you on our website and correspondence with you via email, chat, or phone calls. We also obtain information from you and third parties. For example, we collect and receive information:
- You provide, such as when you make a purchase, interact with a salesperson, visit or contact us, register for an online account, participate in a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey, engage in promotional activity, register to attend an event, or appointment, apply for employment, or sign up for emails or marketing;
- From any of our affiliates, parents, and subsidiaries that you have interacted with;
- From third parties, such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, advertising networks and cooperatives, demographic companies, third parties that provide us with information about you and the different devices you use online, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with;
- From social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our website that allows you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. For example, use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks connected with our website (e.g., to log into an account or share inspiration, finds, purchases, and other content with your friends and followers on social media). We will collect the information you share with us and the data that those social media platforms or networks share with us. For more information about social media platform and network privacy practices, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use;
- Using cookies and automatic collection methods. For example, third parties we work with, and we may collect information from the computer, tablet, phone, or other devices that you use to access our website, or that you use to open an email or click on an advertisement from us. This collection includes automatically collected information and generally does not include personal information unless you provide it through our website or you choose to share it with us. Methods we use include:
- cookies (which may be session-based or persistent and are typically small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in connection with your Internet browser);
- web beacons or tags (small images embedded into website or emails that send information about your computer, tablet, phone, or other devices when you visit our website or open an email we send to you);
- website log files (which we tend to create automatically in connection with access to and use of our website);
- Flash cookies or Local Stored Objects, which may be placed using Adobe Flash software; and other technologies (which may be similar to or different from the methods noted above).
4. How We Use Information
We use the information that we collect to conduct our business and to optimize your user experience. We also may combine any or all of the information that we collect or obtain. Examples of how we use information include:
- To provide you with products and services, such as to fulfill your orders and process your payments; process, maintain, and service your account(s) and memberships; and to provide you with products and services that we think you will like;
- To respond to you, such as when you: place an order; call us; make a request or inquiry; enter a contest or sweepstakes; complete a survey, or share a comment or concern;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, which includes remembering your interests and preferences; customizing the products and services we share with you; facilitating your interactions with our representatives; tracking and categorizing your activity and interests on our website, and identifying the different devices you use to enrich your experience on our website;
- For marketing and advertising, such as to send you marketing and advertising communications; to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you (we offer choices about marketing and advertising as noted in the "Your Choices" section below);
- For analytics, such as to understand how you use our website; understand how you shop with us; determine the methods and devices used to access our website; and improve our website;
- For our business purposes, such as to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; for any other business purpose that is permitted by law;
- For legal and safety purposes, such as to defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
5. How We Share Information
In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third-party marketing or advertising purposes. We do share personal information with third parties for other purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Virtu Made's brands and companies and our other affiliates, parents, and subsidiaries;
- Third parties and service providers that provide products or services to us help us market or advertise to you (including co-branded marketing and advertising) or provide products or services to you. We may use third parties or service providers to help with auditing interactions and transactions with you, addressing security, fixing errors, helping us with advertising or marketing, maintaining accounts and providing customer service, helping with our internal research, verifying service quality or safety, and performing any of the other actions or activities allowed under this Policy;
- Parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party; and
- Other third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal and safety purposes described under the "How We Use Information" section above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
6. Online Advertising and Third Parties We Work With
We work with third-party companies for advertising purposes. The advertising purposes include serving advertisements across the Internet, tracking and categorizing your activity and interests over time on our website, third-party websites, and mobile applications while identifying the different device(s) you use to access these websites and mobile applications. We share information with these companies, and these companies may collect information—including automatically collected information when you use our website—through the methods described in the "How We Collect Information" section above (see "Using cookies and automatic collection methods"). These third-party companies also may possess or obtain information about you from your interactions: directly with the third-party companies, with other websites, mobile applications, or companies that the third-party companies work with, or from your interactions with advertisements the third-party companies help display to you. The information that these companies collect or that we share may be used to customize or personalize displayed advertisements.
We may share personal information with the third-party companies we work with for our purposes. In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third-party marketing or advertising purposes. We may also share other information at our discretion, including automatically collected information, which third parties may use for third-party marketing, advertising, and other purposes. For information about the choices you have about the online advertising practices described in this section, please see the "Your Choices and Access Requests" section below.
7. Your Choices and Access Requests
We strive to offer you choices about how personal information is used and shared. Your choices include:
- Online Advertising. You can manage third-party advertising preferences for some of the third parties we work with to serve advertisements across the Internet by using the choices available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices. We do not guarantee that all of the third parties we work with will honor the elections you make using those options, but we strive to work with third parties that do. Our mobile applications may offer privacy choices within the applications; see the mobile applications for details.
- Social Media Platforms and Networks. We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use to understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us.
- Email Choices. You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails using the "unsubscribe" link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails you receive from us. You may also request to opt-out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the "Additional Information and Contacting Us" section below. To unsubscribe from marketing or advertising emails you receive from Virtu Made, please use the "unsubscribe" link or mechanism noted in the marketing or advertising emails you receive from us.
- Direct Mail Choices. You may opt-out of receiving marketing or advertising by direct mail by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the "Additional Information and Contacting Us" section below and sharing the name and mailing address that you would like to opt-out. Please note that these requests may take up to 8–10 weeks to become effective.
- Telephone Choices (calls and texts). You may opt-out of receiving marketing or advertising calls or text messages by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the "Additional Information and Contacting Us" section below and sharing the phone number you would like to opt-out. For text messages, you also may be able to text "STOP" in response to a text message that you receive.
- Wish List Choices. We may offer the ability to create a Wish List. To update your Wish List privacy settings, you may select "Private" (not searchable) to help protect your Wish List information from being publicly searched on our sites, or you may select "Public" (searchable). To help protect your privacy, we initially set your Wish List account to a "Private" setting.
- Access Requests. If you have registered for an online account, we allow you to access and update certain personal information that you have provided to us. You may do so by logging into your online account and using the features and functionalities available there. Unless alternate procedures are noted for your state in the "Notices, Disclosures, and State-Specific Rights" section below, you may also make a request for access to personal information by sending an email or writing to us at the address specified in the "Additional Information and Contacting Us" section below. We are not able to grant all access requests, and we may request additional information from you to verify your identity before accommodating an access request.
You may have additional rights in the state in which you reside. Please see the "Notices, Disclosures, and State-Specific Rights" section below for additional information.
8. Security and Fraud
We take the necessary steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of the personal information you share with us through our website. In general, information transmitted through the Internet may not be perfectly secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your account and personal information, including by doing the following:
- Reviewing your virtumade.com account periodically and immediately reporting any unexpected activity or unrecognized information;
- Installing the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses;
- Using complex passwords (a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric Case Sensitive characters);
- Not using the same password on more than one website;
- Not sharing your password with others;
- Password protecting your computer and mobile device; and
- Signing out/logging off of website sessions so that your session is closed, especially when using a public computer.
If you become aware of any potentially fraudulent activity on a website or in an email or text, please forward the information to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can follow up.
9. Notices, Disclosures, and State-Specific Rights
- Links to Other Websites and Services. Our website may provide links to other Internet sites, content, or videos (embedded or direct links) maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for the sites, content, or videos accessed via the links, and we have not reviewed the privacy practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of those third parties.
- Browsers Do Not Track Signals. While we strive to offer you choices when you use our website, we do not promise that we will be able to receive or honor web browser Do Not Track signals.
- California Privacy Rights. California law entitles residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Unless you request us to or consent to our doing so, Virtu Made does not sell any personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If you have questions about these practices, please contact us at email@example.com. California law also provides residents with rights to request access to and deletion of certain personal information, to know whether personal information is shared, and to opt-out of the "sale" of personal information. Some California laws also may define "personal information" differently from this Policy.
- Children's Privacy. Virtu Made does not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to Virtu Made in connection with our website or and without prior verifiable parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take steps to delete the personal information that they provided.
10. Additional Information and Contacting Us
If you have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Virtu Made Privacy
27182 Via Burgos
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
11. Updates to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy and apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting the updated Policy on our website, and we will update the effective date at the end of this Policy.
This Policy is effective October 29, 2022.